Just because you’re lazy doesn’t mean you want to look like you DGAF. Here are surprisingly simple yet super-chic hairstyles for the girl who just can’t be bothered.
1. FLOWER BRAID
- Gather a section of hair from both sides of your head in line with your temples, and put the sections into a small pony in the back. Then, braid the pony down to the ends.
- Tug at sections of the braid to loosen it to make it look more voluminous. The exaggerated edges also help create that flower-petal finish.
- Spin the braid around into a bun, and pin it securely against your head.
2. A CLASSY PONY
- Separate your hair into two even sections, one in the front and one in the back, and secure the back half into a ponytail.
- Pull the right half of the front section across the back of your head over your hair tie, and pin it on top of the ponytail to cover the elastic.
- Pull the front left section across the back of your head, draping it over the ponytail, and pin it securely to your head. Done!
3. EASIEST CURLS EVER
- Secure your hair in a high pony and split the tail in half.
- Wrap the first half over and around a 1-inch curling wand for 10 seconds or less, depending on how easily your hair curls. Repeat with the second half.
- Let down your ponytail and separate the curls with your fingers.
4. A TWISTED HALO
- Twist back a small section of hair from one side of your head, and secure it with a pin in the middle of your head.
- Twist back a small section of hair from the other side of your head, tuck it behind the first twisted section, and pin it in the middle of your head.
5. DOUBLE-KNOTTED PONY
- Separate your hair into two sections, and tie them together in a low knot.
- Tie the two sections in a knot again, and secure the pony with a hair tie under the second knot. Wrap a piece of hair around the hair tie to conceal it.
6. UNPOLISHED BUN
- Twist textured hair into a bun. (Dirty hair works best since it doesn’t slip out of styles easily, but you can always fake two-day texture by spraying it with dry shampoo, like Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo, to create extra grip.)
- Insert a gold pin through the right side of the bun with the open ends toward the left side of the bun. Used here was the YS Park Gold 4-inch Pin.
7. TWISTED, TOUSLED WAVES
- Twist sections of damp hair (make the sections large or small if you want looser or tighter waves, respectively) and blast with a blow-dryer, concentrating the heat downward so you don’t ruffle the cuticle and cause frizz.
- After your whole head is in dried twists, separate the tendrils with your fingers for messy, beachy waves.
8. SIDE-BRAIDED PONY
- French braid a section of hair on one side of your head from the hairline all the way down to the ends, and secure it with a small hair tie.
- Gather all your hair, including the braid, into a ponytail, secure it with a hair tie, and wrap a sliver of hair around the elastic to conceal it. Pin the hair in place.
9. PRETTY TWISTED
- Twist the bang section of your hair back and away from your face about 3 inches.
- Insert a bobby pin into your hair with the ends toward your face to conceal the pin.
10. VOLUMINOUS PONYTAIL
- Pull your hair back into a high ponytail and secure it with a hair tie.
- To give your ponytail extra oomph, split the tail in half and place a small clip (one that matches your hair color) into the base. Then hide the clip with the top half of hair.
11. SECURELY SIDE-SWEPT
- Pull all your hair over to one side and gather a small section of hair at the nape of your neck into a side ponytail. Then, secure with a small, clear elastic.
- Cover the ponytail with the top portion of hair to camouflage the elastic.
12. HEADBAND HALO
- Place an elastic headband securely around the top of your head.
- Take a small section of hair by your ear, pull it back, and loosely weave it through the elastic in the back.
- Take a small section of hair by your other ear, pull it back, and loosely weave it through the elastic, blending it with the first section.
13. NO-SLIP BUN
- For a secure bun that won’t budge, tie your hair back in two low ponytails tied close together.
- Twist the two tails in opposite directions until you’ve formed your bun, and secure with pins.
14. TRIPLE TOPSY TAIL
- Using small clear elastic bands, secure your hair in three ponytails, one on top of the other.
- Flip the tail ends up, tuck them in between your head and the clear elastics, and pull them out through the bottom to create the topsy tails.
- Tuck the top two tail ends down through the ponytails below them.
15. EASY INTRICATE BRAID
- Separate your hair into two sections and braid one side down to the ends.
- Braid the other side down to the ends.
- Discreetly pin the braids together with bobby pins to create one intricate-looking braid and secure with an elastic at the end. Wrap the elastic with a piece of hair to hide it.